Attention all football fans! High school, college, or pro - football season is upon us! Depending on the level of football you're cheering for, it could be several days per week that you need to be prepared to yell, root, and look cute for! You must look the part if you're attending a football game! Whether you're tailgating before a game or meeting friends in the stands, we have some tips for you!
- Show your team spirit by dressing the part. Mascot or team colors are a must! But don't overdo it! Keep it classy and simple.
- Keep your feet happy. Don't wear heels - wear comfortable shoes for walking! I wouldn't recommend flip flops or open toe sandals. People step on your feet in a crowded fan club! Some Keds, TOMS, or booties are a great choice.
- Don't forget to layer. It cools down around half time and you don't want to find yourself wishing you had a jacket! Bring a cardigan or jacket. You can wrap yourself up if needed while cheering your team onto victory.
- If you wear a dress, forget the heels and add a plaid top to tie around your waist until you need it. You could add a scarf as well. This is an adorable addition to your look while still focussing on your team's colors!
- Accessorize! If you don't have much in the way of team colors, this is an easy and fashionable way to support your team and look amazing! Use your team colors in necklaces, hats, or bracelets.
- A tee shirt and jeans or a great comfortable outfit. If you cheer on more than one team - such as your high school and a pro team - you can do well by wearing a graphic tee about football and keep it basic. Nothing wrong with that!
Want more fashion + free shipping? shopsiloe.com
Tailgate Party Recipe! Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
What you'll need:
12 large jalapeno peppers
2 ounces feta cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces shredded smoked pepper Jack cheese, or other hot pepper cheese, or extra-sharp Cheddar
A small handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons grated onion
Watch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut 1/3 of each pepper off lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking sheet. If peppers do not sit flat on the baking sheet, slice a thin piece off the bottom of the pepper so it will not roll around.
Mash the feta, cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, and onion together and stuff the peppers with the mixture. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Read more here.