It's almost time when Starbucks starts offering their Pumpkin Spice latte as fall approaches! I'm ready to enjoy one in front of the fire pit with friends and family. School is starting and daylight is getting shorter. All these changes warrant some fall fashion tips to turn your wardrobe into fall appropriate wear by adding some key pieces to your closet.
Add layers. Try adding longer length tops (like tunics or cardigans) over a tank and pair with leaner bottoms such as jeggings or skinny jeans. This will help lengthen the wear of your tanks longer than usual. Layering with that kimono in your closet will add color to your look. You can always add a light scarf, jacket, or boots to finish your perfect fall look!
Buy a vest or jacket. Adding a vest or jacket over a graphic tee or long sleeve top will really make an impact on your fall look. Still being able to wear those favorite summer tees by adding a cool cinch waist coat or a vest in a color of fall will go along ways for many looks. This will be your go-to outerwear. This is a great look with jeans. You can also wear this vest or jacket over that summer time pocket dress and add a long necklace or scarf. So many options, this is a must have.
Boots are a must. Take that summer dress and add a pair of boots and a vest. Now you have a fall look and are warmer! Add a plaid scarf or a wool floppy hat. Wear boots with skinny jeans and a plaid top with a graphic tee or tank underneath. A more casual look but fall appropriate. Booties are a great addition and can be worn with jeans or any dress.
I love fall. Enjoy what makes you happy as it gets cooler. You'll be able to find me at the fire pit sipping on a latte and laughing with my peeps. I'll be wearing something adorable and staying cozy!
Quick Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Pour milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp. Return milk mixture to saucepan and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes. Add espresso and whisk until foamy, 1 minute.